If you ever get to try the best fudgy brownies in the world, would you say no to it? Definitely not right?! I know! How can anyone ever resist these chocolatey and super fudgy brownies?
Brownies have been topping the list of everyone’s favorite dessert. Especially brownies topped with ice cream is the ultimate dessert that everyone would love the most. I love brownies, especially with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Ahhh! Is there anything that would beat this combination? I don’t think so!
So, I have been planning to make this recipe for a very long time now because we haven’t had one in months. Right from the day I started my blog, I had my younger sister asking me for the recipe of brownies.
She loves brownies more than me, I guess! She had her birthday recently and the gift she wanted for it was the recipe for making brownies. Hence, I had to post it today as my little sister asked me to.
So, what are fudgy brownies and why the name? Brownies are different from cake in texture as well as the ingredients used. So, you want your brownies to be all fudgy and gooey and not cakey like your normal cake. This recipe will give that gooey texture that you are expecting from it. And hence the name, ‘fudgy brownies’!
Moreover, don’t y’all think it is somewhat fancy or more tempting? I mean for sure it makes me drool over the name itself. So, the picture that pops in your mind when I tell ‘fudgy brownies’ is all chocolatey and gooey and obviously tempting that you would even eat your imagination, right?
So, once you are in the brownie state, there is no coming back for sure. I mean it will take time. And believe me, lots of it are required for you to return from the brownie state to the normal state. So, this lord of dessert right here is sure to blow your minds.
The next big question that comes up is how do I make fudgy brownies? Ok, so as I said earlier, brownies are different from cakes. Unlike cake, you need not incorporate air into the batter while making the brownie batter. So, first rule of thumb while making brownie batter is ‘Do not over mix the batter’.
So, there is nothing more to keep in mind while making it. Although, I will cover everything else in the detailed instructions below.
These fudgy brownies tastes best with some vanilla ice cream topped on it. And personally I love this combo. So, what I planned was, I thought I would buy some vanilla ice cream. But, as usual, fortunately or unfortunately I forgot. And it was full lockdown after that day onwards.
So, because of all this, I thought I would make it at home as I had some fresh cream, and condensed milk lying over. Beating fresh cream to soft peaks is a very tricky part. And because I didn’t get it perfectly (I thought so!), I decided to give vanilla ice cream recipe a try and shoot it the next time for the blog post.
I definitely thought it would fail, but after freezing it and doing a taste test, it was CLASSIC! The best ice cream. So, I would definitely include the recipe very soon.
This is how I prepared these fudgy brownies and ice cream to go with it. So, anyways, this post is specially dedicated to my younger sister for her birthday. I hope she enjoys making it and having it too!
Enjoy these fudgy brownies with your entire family. Stay safe; stay healthy! Happy cooking and eating! While you are here, also check my other dessert recipes that are worth drooling over.
Has meal planning been a little bit difficult during this lockdown? Look through my No Veggies, 21-Day Lockdown Series for ideas on what to cook during this lockdown.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped nuts, chocolate or chocolate chips, optional
- In a bowl, mix melted butter and sugar and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (the butter mixture) and whisk until well combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Add chopped chocolate or nuts or chocolate chips and fold with the batter.
- Grease a 8*8 baking tray with some butter and line with a baking sheet. Pour the batter onto the baking tray and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Bake them for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream or as is.
- Do not over mix the batter while adding the flour mixture.
- If you are using granulated sugar, make sure to mix it well until fully combined with the butter.
- Adding chopped chocolates or nuts is completely optional.
- Do not over bake the brownies. Check after 20 or 25 minutes and bake for further 5 minutes if not completely baked.