Orange marmalade Barbeque Chicken
This is a combination of sweet, spicy and smoky barbeque sauce paired up along with tangy, sweet orange marmalade.
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp salt, or as required
- 1 tsp parsley, optional
- 1 tsp butter/oil
- ⅛ tsp paprika, optional
- 500-600 grams chicken drumsticks (approx. 5 pieces)
In a mixing bowl, add orange marmalade, barbeque chicken, black pepper powder, red chili flakes and salt and mix well.
Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix well. Cover with cling wrap and let the chicken marinate for 2 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Pre-heat the grill on medium heat. Grill the chicken for about 15 minutes on each side. Brush with some leftover marinade and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
In a pan, add some butter/oil and let it heat. Add the leftover marinade and then some paprika (if you are adding) and mix well. Remove from heat once the sauce thickens.
Garnish chicken with some parsley and serve hot along with sauce.
- Adding red chili flakes is just for extra spiciness. This is completely optional.
- Marinate the chicken atleast for 2 hours before grilling. You can marinate it overnight too, if time permits.
- If the chicken dries out while grilling, then brush some leftover marinade and then continue the grilling process.
- The leftover marinade is cooked in a pan over medium heat to serve as a sauce on the side.
- While making the sauce to serve as the side, adding paprika is completely optional. Ignore if you do not want it spicy.
- Do not over cook the sauce. Remember that it thickens more as it cools down. So, remove from heat appropriately.
- You can garnish the chicken with fresh or dried parsley leaves.